Friday, March 16, 2012

Spring has sprung.

I haven't been as in to keeping exact records of my progress as a runner since the first year I ran. It is really nice to be able to look back over this blog and see how and where I started running and how far I've come.
Since January I've run at maintanence levels rarely letting a week go by without running, but sometimes only running for 15 minutes at a time. Now that the weather is warmer I'm back in training. In deference to my inactivity and the weight gain of 5 pounds I have started off slowly.

Mon: 10 minute run 10 minute walk
Tue: 10 minute run 10 minute walk
Wed: 5 min run - 5 min. walk; 5 min run - 5 min. walk; 3 min. run - 7 min walk.
thur: 25 minute run and 20 minute walk. This will count as weeks long run.
fri: rest.

Note: a little heavy leged. I think I can tell I'm having to pull 5 - 8 extra pounds. Am optimistic and motivated and happy to be back in "training" mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment