Wednesday, February 25, 2009

MSC - Trail

Today I went to Macon State College to walk and run on the trail and around the track.


Distance: On the trail I walked/ran approximately 1000ft; I walked 5 miles.

On the track I did 3 Laps (track length between 700-800 feet):
lap 1. Walked and incorporated a couple of sprints.
lap 2. Ran 30 sec, Walked 30 sec, set my stop watch timer to keep up.
lap 3. Walked to cool down for the day.

Final resting blood pressure readings (taken an hour apart): 138/77 pulse 71; 117/62 pulse 73
After I run my face is really red. My face may be blistered and I have a couple of fever blisters on my mouth.
No exceptional aches or pains either while I ran/walked or after. My side did not hurt last night. I've taken a couple of extra advil.

The weather was very nice. There were a few clouds, but it was a warm sunny day. It was the first time I had been to the college since the tornado hit there May of 2008, there are a lot of stumps where trees used to be. The devestation last year was unbelievable. Storm Damage pictures.

I went by the book store to check out the atheletic clothing and see what might be on sale. I found a pair of light weight cotton hot pink shorts 40% off, so I bought them. I will try to go out to the college on a regular basis because it is a safe, fun place to walk and run. I enjoyed walking around Knee Deep lake and watching the ducks waddle on the pathways and swim around in the water.

When I left the college I went to Goodwill. I found four books and I only paid $6.00 for all four. I can't wait to read them. The books I purchased are: WALKING MEDICINE; Yanker and Burton, WALKING AND RUNNING the complete guide; The runners book of TRAINING SECRETS; Ken Sparks, PhD; THE COMPLETE BOOK OF RUNNING FOR WOMEN; Claire Kowalchik. I'm looking forward to reading these books to learn all I can about proper running technique.

So tomorrow it'll be Indian mounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment