Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Today's Run/Walk - Around My Neighborhood

I split the training session into three parts:
Part I
Ran 1000ft; Walk/Run 3445ft - time: 50 minutes
Part II
Ran 1000ft; Walk/Run 3569ft - time: 30 minutes
BP 144/89 Pulse 88
Part III
Ran 1000ft; Walk/Run 3500ft - time: 30 minutes
BP 141/86 Pulse 101
note: Because my BP seem to remain slightly elevated through the afternoon I took a beta blocker antihypertensive/diuretic.
Total Run Distance=
0.5 miles
Total Walk/Run Distance=
5 miles

Todays temperature when I began was 36 degrees and was in the upper fourties by the end of todays training. The sun was shining and there was no wind.

During part three I combined a couple of the hundred feet runs into two hundred feet at one time. At this time I feel that it is a real effort to run two hundred feet. It has become easier to run the one hundred feet.

Goals:

Immediate goal: run for one continuous mile. Continue the three part run/walk regimen for a couple of weeks. As I get more comfortable with running I will begin to increase the total number of feet I run each day up from 3000ft per day and begin to run two hundred feet and three hundred feet per running segment.
I combined rough terain with asphalt running.

Long term Goal: Participate in the Komen race for the cure in 2009. The 2008 Susan G. Komen race for the Cure.

Updated from weekend: I worked Saturday. Sunday I shopped and walked at a slow pace from 10AM until 3PM, approximately 5 hours. While shopping I found a pair of men's Asic GT-2120 size 8.5 half price; so I bought them to wear during training. Earlier I had bought two pairs of running shoes. A pair of Asic GEL-strike womens running shoes size 10 and a pair of women's Avia running shoes size 10. I'll try the different shoes and which ever works best I'll continue to buy in the future. The mens shoes fit perfectly. I have already lost 7 pounds and I am sure that I will continue to lose weight so I am waiting to buy "running" cloths.

Tomorrow's plan is to make a trip to Indian Mounds in the morning for part of my walk/run. Going to different places makes training less monotonous. Too, barking dogs bother me even if they are behind fences.

No comments:

Post a Comment