Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ocmulgee National Park




AKA Indian Mounds.
Distance: Walked/ran 5 miles.
Including 1000+ feet of 30:30 walk then run.


Post resting blood pressure: 121/78 pulse 76

I started the day by walking Sweetie for thirty minutes. She is trying to challenge me with some alpha behavior. I need to take a more stern tact with her. She is a wonderful dog, part bulldog and part american bulldog and a big dash of hound dog.

Note: The sun was shining and the temperature was warm. I got an extra 100 feet sprint when I realized a snake was in my pathway. It was solid gray medium sized. I don't know what kind of snake it was. It was all coiled up enjoying the sun. The walk/run today was more difficult than the earlier walk/runs this week. I don't know if it is because I need a break or if it is because there are so many hills at the park. Either way I feel that I got a very good workout.

Today is my last day of training for this week. I work tomorrow and Sunday I hope to spend time with my family.

I stopped by the grocery store and bought some fresh ginger and some fresh garlic. I plan to add a little flavor to my apple and cheese salad. I also plan to open a bottle of cabernet sauvignon. I will celebrate a good week of training with a couple of glasses of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment