Thursday, June 11, 2009

New socks.

Ran 45 minutes
Walked 15 minutes

I had a blister, which it's gone now so I decided to buy some socks. I'll try the first type today. The socks I'll try today are med socks. Med socks are especially designed for diabetics and people with circulatory problems. Which I know I have some age related circulatory changes, but I am not diabetic. The socks advertise that they provide no restiction to the feet, no irritating cloth ridges, and they pull moisture from the feet. I bought them because they were in the sales bin of a grocery store; generally they are expensive for socks, but due to the sale these were only 1.25 a pair. I also bought three pair of sports socks at Walmart. I'll try them for a while and get more of the ones I like the most.

For the second day I've had early morning diarrhea. I think it's food related. The cup of ice cream I've had each night for a bedtime snack or my over-enthusiastic celebration of my birthday this past weekend - "no, it's not the running trots, it's the vodka trots." At any rate before my morning run I take care to drink a full cup of coffee and this morning I even drank a little Gaderade.

True summertime has arrived. This mornings stats are 96% humidity at 69 degrees. I have to make sure I begin my run around 6:30am and now it's time to go. I'm only going to run 30 minutes again today. I may walk much longer because I want to make sure I burn enough calories this week to lose another pound. I've lost about a half pound to a pound every a week since I began my training to run. I started at 154 in January; today I weigh 142. I am anxious to lose more weight to see if that increases my speed. I'm very pleased with the way I've lost weight. Other times I've lost weight at this rate I've had some unpleasant side effects. Lose of energy and saggy skin, for example. This time skins firm and I have too much energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment