Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Ran 6.2 Miles with a 5 minute break in the middle.

Ran: 3.2 miles
break 5 minutes to drink water
Ran 3 miles
Walked 30 minutes
Total today 6.2 miles

One of the books I read said after a run you should feel like you could do the same distance again. So, after 3.2 miles I felt like I could do it again, so I did. The only thing I noticed was a burning sensation in my left ankle area beginning at mile 5, some discomfort in right upper quadrant of abdomen and the last five minutes or so both ankles and my legs were tired to the extent that I was uncomfortable. I made sure it was a long slow run and it probably took 100 minutes to run 6.2 excluding the water break I took. I felt fine after the run, but I didn't feel like I could do it again today!

My pulse was 126 right after the run. My recovery time was slower at 6.2 miles than it is at 3.1 miles. At 30 minutes my pulse was 93 my blood pressure was 118/86, at 15 minutes my pulse was 113 and my BP was 119/86 and after five minutes my pulse was 111 and my blood pressure was 124/86. I have stairs though and it's possible that my pulse my increased with the walk up the stairs to get to the blood pressure machine. The pulse I took before I came in the house was actually 102 BPM. So, I don't think I have anything to worry about. I did go back outside with the 113BPM and "cooldown" walked for a while longer.

My new shoes were wonderful. The blister remained undisturbed and I don't have any new blisters, sore toes or toe nails. If these shoes carry me up to continuous 6-10 mile runs I'm going to go ahead and buy another pair just like them. I'll buy them in July. I didn't see a lot of shoes like this and although I could order them online, I'd rather buy them at a store.

I think I'm closer to the 26 week training schedule than the 15 weeks. I may revise my calendar, it makes no sense to have a schedule and run more than is on the schedule just so if I get lazy I can fall back on the shorter distances with more rest days. I went back and counted from day one, which was January 20. This week marks the beginning of week 20.

It was a good run I enjoyed it. The temperatures are wonderful.
I began the day at 6:30AM- temperatures 65 the humidity 83%.
I finished before 9:00AM
Right now at 9:20AM the temperature is 72 and the humidity is 82%.

I'm going to listen to my body and run as much as I can everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment