Sunday, May 31, 2009

Beautiful Day!- Weeks miles: 16.6

6:30 A.M.
Ran 45 minutes (3.1miles)
Walked 10 minutes
The sun was shinning and the temperature was 61.

9:45AM til 10:45AM
Walk/run hills and steps.
I spent an hour at Indian Mounds running hills and walking up the mound steps. With the exception of the mound steps I ran the hills that were in shade, but I still feel that I got some good training done. The temperature was 79 degrees when I finished up for the day.

A goal that I've achieved is to run 15-20 miles a week.
This week I ran 16.6 miles. Beginning this week I'm keeping a record of my weekly miles. Before running a marathon it is suggested that one run 15-20 miles, 4 or 5 days a week for a year, this is week one of that year. Tomorrow is a rest day.

I went to Academy and bought another pair of shoes. I tried on both mens and womens Asic 2140's. Settled on the men's because the 4E was available. And...they felt the best. I've been training in a pair of mens 2120's which were one half size too big. I bought them because they were on sale for $40.00. I also bought a pair of Avia's womens size 10 and those are the shoes that have put the blister on my toe. I also have a pair of womens Asics and even though I haven't worn them very much I noticed they have the same restricted feel to the toe. So, I'm not sure that I will get any wear out of the womens Asics and will probably stick to the mens 2140's. The purpose of buying a variety of types of shoes was to find out which would work best.

No comments:

Post a Comment