Saturday, May 23, 2009

Survived my Recovery day of yesterday.

Today
Ran: 1 continuous mile
Walked/ran: 3 miles

Note: Really cloudy. My dog wanted to run with me so during one of my walk/run miles I let her. We are in the moonsoon season. This may be another summer in which it rains every day.

My waist size has decreased from 37 inches to 33 inches. I may have an excuse to buy new cloths! I'm wondering just how much weight or fat I will lose. I'm also wondering just what weight will benefit me most as both a sprinter and a distance runner. I bet there's a web site out there somewhere that can give me that information and I'm going to go find it.

I've got mild mitral valve prolapse. My doctor picked it up a few years ago. I had an ecocardiogram. I did a little research on that subject last night. It seems that I can only be helped physically by a regular exercise program that includes walking, jogging and running. It is a fact that mitral valve prolapse has contributed to the deaths of several marathon runners. So, even though it is a fairly common heart disorder and even though it is rare that a person has died running with MVP, it still bears watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment