Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Serious Training Begins

Ran 3.2 miles; time 45:00 minutes
Walked 2 miles

Still cloudy, the humidity was 100%, the temperature was in the mid 60's.
I still have the nagging pain in my leg. I think I've awakened another of my old work injuries and the problem will go away in time.

Training goal: Run 3.2 miles day one, day two anything goes, but the total distance walked and and ran should be between 6 and 10 miles. I'll include hills and intervals and I can split the day. On the alternate day I will also include a small amount of free weight lifting or even biking. The plan is to rotate the days throughout the week and to have one or two rests days together. Basically the 5K run and 2 mile walk will be my easy days. I hope to steadily improve my time over the next 104 days and to be able to consistently run the 3.2 mile distance under a lot of different circumstances,(terrains and temperatures). I am sure my time will improve as I lose weight. I am sure in training I'll lose the weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment