Monday, August 17, 2009

Calorie intake was too much yesterday!

Part I
Ran: 40 minutes
Walked: 20 minutes
Part II
Intervals
Ran: 18 minutes
Walked: 12 minutes

Hope to have a part two. Even though the humidity is high and it's later in the day then I usually run. I would like to add couple more miles. I pigged out all day yesterday. I want to burn off some of the excess calories. I added 2500-3000 calories when I eat breakfast bars yesterday, not even considering the sausage, the bisquit and the two pieces of fried chicken! I burned up 350 calories running 40 minutes. Working yesterday I probably burned 300 calories I don't ordinarily use. I burned 150 calories walking today. Total towards the snack cakes: 350+300+150=800 calories, so I need to run and walk some more!
I did add some time in interval running, but I only added a potential addtional calorie deficit of 226. So that means I've only burned approximately 1000 calories over basic metabolism. That means I will have to diet! No bread, no sugar, no butter. Fortunately I have tilapia in the freezer and a bag of apples. I might sip one glass of wine since that will contribute to a "diet" mind set. Dieting is what happens to me when I consume three days calories in one day.

Sticking to a diet today. So far I've had two pieces of fish, two small potatoes and three small apples. Tea with sugar and two TBSP of butter. That is 682 calories. I may eat a tuna sandwich tonight if it's less than 318 calories. I'll drink another cup of tea. To compensate for eating so many breakfast bars I'll have to do this all week. I also plan to get up in the morning a run a mile before I got to a housecleaning job. Wow, those breakfast bars are evil. I understand now why an individual that weighs more than they care to, will have a sense they are eating nothing at all and gaining weight. The breakfast bars are small and not much larger than a cookie! I have a lot of them so I'll save the to eat when I run over very long distances. These would definitely serve as glycolic gasoline.

No comments:

Post a Comment