Sunday, August 23, 2009

Indian Mounds and River Walk

Ran: two segments of 30 minutes each
a couple of 6 minute interval runs.
Walked: 20 minutes
Effort: 5
I wore my oldest Asics mens size 8.5 E. because I knew I'd be running on grass. After the first 30 minutes my socks and shoes were wet. No blistering. As long as I wear the mens wide shoes I don't believe I'll have a problem. I wore the wicking socks.
It was a good run with some hills going up and down and some small amount of interval training. It was good to get back to these two places it gave me a chance to contrast then and now and I can feel the advances I've made in both endurance and speed.
The hayfever didn't bother me in fact running opens the sinus's. I did stop by the store to buy something for my cold, settled on vitamin tablets and apples and bananas. I thought about DMX or antihistamine but rejected the idea because of running. I may take a small amount of doxylamine tonight, it is similar to benedral.

No comments:

Post a Comment