Saturday, August 8, 2009

Couldn't resist it.

6:30 AM
Ran/Walked: 52 minutes
Effort: 6 Temp: 72 degrees humidity: 97%
I had planned to take a complete rest day because of leg fatique and pain, but I didn't have any pain or tiredness this morning so I ran.<--the half bottle of Merlot and 12 hours sleep yesterday must have cured my leg pain.) I listened to a 52 minute runners podcast. During the first two miles I ran very slowly for the 5 minute warm-up, picked up my speed for a six minute run then ran very slowly for one minute then again ran fast for the next six minutes. The second half of the run I walked 6 minutes then sprinted one minute. Basically it was a free for all day. I enjoyed it. As a rule I want to run three miles with no walk breaks because I'm afraid I'll get in the habit and I don't want to find myself stopping to walk when I'm in a race.

8:44 AM
Ran: 1 mile.
Effort 7 - temperature 75+ humidity 97%

9:15 AM
Ran: 1 mile
Effort 8.5 - temperature 77 humidity 85%

No comments:

Post a Comment