Friday, July 10, 2009

52 minutes

Ran: 52 minutes, no problems.

Yesterday, as I was walking around the neighborhood to cool down, someone stopped me and asked me if I knew anything about snakes. There was a 5-6 foot snake stretched out on a tree trunk. It didn't look to be poisonous. It's head was small.

On my second walk around the block I watched as three men with shovels and a water hose trying to encourage the snake to come down out of the tree. Later I heard a gun shot and assumed the snake had been shot.

Another note of interest in my attempts to run before day break. The other day I noticed the air between my apartment and the next one on this street was thick with bats. I watched for a while as the bats entered a small hole on the side of the neighboring apartment house.

No comments:

Post a Comment