Monday, July 27, 2009

Still having "Big Toe" problems.

Since my toe is still red I'm going to cross train today. I'm going to burn an amount of calories that would equal a run on my bike. I'll also lift weights. I hope to stay off my feet for any extended period of time today.

Yesterday I worked therefore I was walking and standing for 6 hours. Yesterday morning my toe and foot were okay, but by night the toe was swollen again and there was one red streak that crossed over the first joint on the foot at the big toe and it extended up part of my foot. Obviously my problem is inflammation. There is no puss; it's more of a bruise and abrasion. I didn't run yesterday, I'm not running today or Tuesday. I hope to run again Wednesday. Wednesday I'll proceed with caution taking care not to do anything that would further aggravate the toe. Even though I'm up to 4-5 miles at under 12 minutes per mile I'm going to cut back. I may only run a mile Wednesday then Thursday I'm going to run 3.2 miles then Friday one mile. If I don't feel that I'm getting enought exercise only running a mile I'll add biking and weight lifting on those days. I'll work Saturday and Sunday and those can count as recovery days. Since I'm training for a 5K that I'll run in about five weeks there's no need to run further. I don't have insurance nor a doctor right now. I can not afford an injury. Most of the online articles that I'm reading suggest that some sports injuries are due to going to fast and too far too soon.

Note: If I have an area of inflammation that I can see it's possible that I have other problem spots. I do have other aches and pains. I've run now for 6 months without taking off a significant recovery period of time. I think the longest I've not run has been a three day period of time and that was only a time or two. It may be time to take a full week, two even. Oh the horror..I'm sure I'll lose all my running abilities. I do know that will not be the case; I can face my anxiety by cross training...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment