Wednesday, April 15, 2009

First Mile

walk-5 min
Run-16 min
walk-8 min

Took a short 10 min break
Run/walk Intervals-20 minutes
Ended with a 2.6 minute Tempo jog/run
and a 7 minute cool down walk.

Total time: 1 hour.

Note: Temperatures were cool, 48 degrees. I ran at daybreak.
I ran my first non stop mile today. I have no way of actually marking the distance. I am guessing and using the time I ran the 400m Macon State track, which that took me approximately 3.5 to 4 minutes. So that's good enough for me to claim my first 1 mile jog. I'm going to increase the interval practice to 20 minutes and each day I'm going to include at least one tempo run/jog and hope to increase my time with that exercise.
For the past 5 days I've been running 8 minutes with a 8 minute walk break and then running another 8 minutes.
I'm surprised that I was able to combine the two 8 minute jogs into one continous 16 minute run. I didn't feel any different after 16 minutes than I did after 8 minutes so I hope to continue to go forward by running 16 continuous minutes every day for a while, and then after a week or so I'll increase the distance I run in that time frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment