Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Moving forward to Eight minute runs.

AM
Bike: 10 minutes
Walk: 7 minutes
Ran: 8 minutes
Walk: 7 minutes
ten minute break
Walk: 7 minutes
Ran: 8 minutes
Walk: 8 minutes

AM total: 55 minutes

PM 19 intervals at 15 sec, 10 intervals at 30 sec.

Note: It's been 44 days or 6.2 weeks since I started running with serious intent. From February 24 until April 8. I'm on track with several beginner training programs. I am surprised! I didn't think I would ever make it to running an 8 minute run without stopping. The 8 minute distance is probably one half mile. The other day when I timed my 400 meter run at Macon State track my time for one lap was 3.5 minutes. Now I'm half way to my goal of running a mile without having to stop and walk. My goal is to run a mile by my birthday which is 59 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment