Saturday, April 4, 2009

Tired!

I had big plans to go to the college and run around the 400m track a few dozen times or at least 7 minutes worth. I made it around a couple of hundred feet past the 400m mark at about 4.5 minutes and decided to walk. At the 400m mark, one lap, my watch read 3.5 min. So I'm thinking I was running too fast, not because I think I made good time, but actually I expected it to take me about 7 minutes to make the one lap. It may have been the psychology that stopped me, I made the first lap and the possiblity of making the lap again was too much for my feeble brain, even though I'm sure I've been running close to 0.5 mile in some of my 7 minute runs, the distance seems different on a track. To keep the day from being a total bust I walked around the 1.5 mile trail and walked a few more laps; my total distance today was 2.25 miles.

On my way home from the college I stopped by Indian Mounds and did 20 intervals of walk 30 sec/run 30 sec. This should have been a rest day. I finished my day off yesterday with an hour of yoga. Unless I wake up in the morning in an extremely energetic state-- I will rest tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment