Friday, April 24, 2009

365 miles - One Mile at a Time

Ran one mile in 14 minutes.
Walked a total of 30 minutes.
Today is weight training day. I'm using dumbbells three times a week to improve my upper body strength and endurance. I'm only riding the bike when I am struck by the notion.
Yesterday I had planned to "do nothing" today, but I changed my mind.
No matter what other plans I may have in a day, I am going to start the day by running one mile. I guess my goal over the next year is to run 365 miles. I can even count retro and today's total yearly miles are: 11 miles. One day I ran one mile twice. When I recover from what ever malaise I'm being plagued by, the next rung of training will be two miles a day. My strategy right now is to run a minimum of one mile per day and to improve my endurance and time in running that one mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment