Friday, April 3, 2009

Sevens

Today I increased my continuous run up from 6 minutes to 7 minutes. I had no problem running this time and distance. For the next week my first exercise routine of the day will be walk the dog, yoga poses to warm up; run for 7 minutes, walk for 7minutes, ride the bicycle 7 minutes; then cool down with a variety of push ups, crunches, dumbbell curls and yoga poses.
I also spent 70 minutes walking and running. AM: A total of 90+ minutes or 1 hour and 30 min.

New plan! I've noticed that most beginner running schedules, at my level, include several interval runs of 7 minutes. I don't feel that I'm able to do them consecutively, but I can do them over the day. So, I'm going to try that. Goal - run seven minutes 3 times a day.

Did it!
My total 7 minute runs: ran 7 this morning; this afternoon I walked 7 min then ran 7, walked 7 more min, then ran 7 and walked for 7 to cool down. My recovery time was a little slack. My pulse very stubbornly stayed at 102 using a BP machine, when I took my pulse manually it was at 96.

Totals with 7
walked: 36 min
ran: 21 min
Plus: cycling and yoga and additional run/walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment