Friday, April 17, 2009

Ran one mile-now I'm making new goals...

Before I push myself to run two miles I'm going to take some time to get really comfortable with my one mile. I want to improve the speed and I want to feel more comfortable at the end of the run. Each day, first thing in the morning, I'm going to run a minimum of 12 to 20 minutes non stop, if I run 20 minutes I can stop with one run, if I only run 12 minutes I will run two reps of 12 minutes each. I will continue to do intervals going up hills and going down. I plan to walk/run at least one hour each day. Once a week I will do a 30 minute run.
At least once or twice a week I'll go to a place like Indian Mounds and spend 4 or 5 hours, running and walking. A new goal will to check out some of the other places in my area to run. I'm training 6 days a week, because I'm not working; when I go back to work I'll probably cut back to 3-4 days a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment