Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ran one mile 14:30

I still can't convince myself to run every other day so the compromise is to rotate. Tomorrow I'll run more than a single mile. Too, I've joined the section of the running population that feels compelled to run one mile a day. Although I have the desire to be able to run a 5 K, my first goal is to be able to run one mile in under 12 minutes (without stopping to walk). I still have a couple of minutes to reach that goal. So if I wake up and do not feel like running I'm going to make myself go out and run one mile or 16 minutes. 31 miles in May and 365 miles by April 14, 2010. Of course if I work or if the weather is too, too nasty I will make up the mile the next day. Which I'll have to start a second tally to count all the additional miles I am going to run because I intend to join a running club and run in races starting January 2010.

Speed and endurance, not distance, are my goals right now, but one mile is the present minimum distance. When I can run the mile in less than 12 minutes the minimum distance will increase. The difficulty I experienced in running 400m is still fresh in my mind. I think it would be wonderful to be able to run two miles in 20 minutes.

I'm in the honeymoon stage of running when all small accomplishments are just absolutely wonderful and I feel so good and I am so happy with the progress I've made. Perfectly content to just trudge along as is, running one mile a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment