Friday, March 13, 2009

Easy Day - scratch the schedule

I ran four timed 3 minute runs. I walked to warm up and walked at least three minutes between the runs. Walked six minutes after, to cool down. I timed at between 2.5 and 3 minutes for each time I ran. For the last two runs I measured the length of the road in front of my house. It is about 200 feet from my mail box to the first light pole. Then I timed myself running that length two separate times. The first time I stopped at 2.5 minutes and I had run a distance of 600 feet. My last run was 800 feet and it took me 3 minutes. I have been underestimating the distances I have been running. Even with the 200 feet, I believe it is further than that. At the very least when I turn around I run from one side of the road to the other and that is an additional 10 feet. At any rate, I am very pleased with this mornings efforts and I plan to continue to increase the times and lenghs.

Running Time 12 minutes
Running Distance .5 miles
Walked approx 30 minutes
Best run time: 3 mph
Time of day 9:30 AM - Weather cool and misty.
Ran on concrete.

No pains in the night. No achy muscles today. Ate high carb no meat yesterday and I think it made me more energetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment