Thursday, March 12, 2009

More Distance

Place: Indian Mounds - Sunny with a cool breeze.
Todays Goal was to increase running distance.
1st Run distance: 567 feet
2nd Run distance: 742 feet
total: 1309 feet
miles: 0.25 or 1/4 mile.
Walk and Run Time: 40 minutes

Notes: Had a terrible night last night. Woke up about 12:30 AM and my lower back was hurting to the extent that I did not go back to sleep until 4:00. I tried a cold pack, a heating pad, dextromethophan (OTC cold medicine reputed to relieve pain), doxylamine(OTC sleep aid), Advil (OTC NSAID) and a muscle rub cream. Around 4:00 AM I guess all my remedies worked cause the pain was gone and I could sleep. I over did it yesterday when I did my morning running routine and later went to Indian mounds and ran/walked for a mile and did weight training. I also did some house cleaning.
Here are a few links to web sites I visited searching for information and immediate relief from pain.(which there is rarely a quick fix)
24 Remedies For Muscle Pain
Dr OZ Health Videos
Cool Running
Abdominal Pain and Causes(Has a good illustrations)

I was going to make this a rest day, but changed my mind. I want to rest tomorrow because I work Saturday, so I made this an easy day.

I am enthusiastic about the progress I have made. I began my exercise program 8 weeks ago on January 19, 2009. When I started I could barely run 100 feet at one time, now 8 weeks latter I can run 742 in one run and after a couple minutes walking break I can run 567 more feet to complete 1309 feet or a quarter of a mile.

I haven't lost a significant amount of weight over the past . I want to slim down some but I'm in no hurry. I don't think it's a good idea to diet to a calorie deficit while learning and participating in a new sport. Especially a sport like running inwhich water balance and nutritian would be especially important.

No comments:

Post a Comment