Tuesday, March 24, 2009

New Plan

Every morning this week when I get up, before I drink a cup of coffee I am going to stretch then go outside and run 1000-1200 feet. The only thing that will change this routine is stormy weather. In that case I'm sure I can find at least 15 minutes later on in the day. 15 minutes? Yes, I walk 5 minutes, run 5 minutes, then cool down for 5 minutes. That is 0.22 of a mile or 2/10 or 1/5 of a mile however I want to count it. The important thing now is to get past the feet and into the mile and ultimately into the miles. Next week I'l tag on 200 feet and each of the following weeks I'll add 200 feet. At that rate it will take me 20 more weeks to get to my goal of running a mile August 15, 2009. This is a routine I'm beginning that will be done along with the training schedule I've already established. At this point I'm running intervals that add up to 4000 feet or 3/4 of a mile which is my daily training routine. I can do this at home on the road in front of my house. One day a week I'll make a trip to Macon State College or Indian mounds and make it a long day and run/walk a minimum of 3.5 miles. Which that will include trail running with hills.

I went to Macon State College to run on the trail there and take advantage of the track. I broke my record today because I was able to run one lap without stopping. I also increased the interval times when I ran the 1.5 mile trail. I walked 2 minutes and ran for two minutes. I made one mile in about 12 minutes. I only checked my pulse rate once and it was 120 BPM. This morning my resting pulse was 61 beats.
I finished the day by running 30 seconds then walking 30 seconds for one mile around the track and I almost got too hot. In fact I stopped after the third lap then cooled down, drank some water then went back to finish the last lap.
There was some wind and clouds. It felt cool, but the humidity was high.

I bought a Stride Cycle. Thats a bicycle with only the pedals. It can be used for both upper body workouts and lower body workouts. (now I've got to put the darn thing together!) I want to be prepared for the bad weather. For the rest of this week rain is in the weather forecast. Too, after I run a race next year I am going to reward myself with a bicycle.

Numbers:
7:00 AM ran 1200 feet .22 of a mile in 4.5 minutes.
-------walked ten minutes.
Macon State College 11-12:15
Total miles walk/run: 3.5 miles
Longest run .25 miles.
Total walk/run distance for the entire day was 3.7 miles.
Two runs were .22 of a mile and 0.25 of a mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment