Monday, March 9, 2009

Two and Two


The weather here is great. For the third day in a row the temperature will be 80 degrees. This morning I plan to warm-up with stretches, core exercises and weights and I will run 90 seconds followed by walking, then 120 seconds then walking. I'll do two repetitions. I rested through the weekend except for doing core exercises. I drew the picture of the runner Sunday.
My sister and neice, who I admire very much, both won trophy's Saturday when they ran a race at a local Insurance Co. Their success and interest in the sport is what has inspired me to start running. In October I hope to run in the Komen race for the cure. That will be my first race.

Numbers for the day.
Total Time 36 minutes
Ran 7 minutes
Walked 29 minutes

Second walk: 10,000 steps

Notes: No problem running the 90 seconds or the 120 seconds. My body has learned when 90 seconds has gone by which I find interesting. I ran more than 120 seconds on the first run, but I'm only counting by the timer beeps which I have set at 120 seconds or 2 minutes. I didn't hear the beep on the first 2 minute run and I think I accidentally ran an extra 30 seconds.

While I walked the 10,000 steps I walked both dogs and for part of the distance I carried light weights. I had my cd player with me and listened to music.

No comments:

Post a Comment