Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Longest Run

I ran over 100 yards or 0.057 miles without stopping. I was winded at the end of it, but hurrah I'm making progress. I was at Indian Mounds. I stopped there on my way home from Kroger. Most of my walking was done at Walmart and Kroger. I spent about 30 minutes at Indian Mounds. The wind was blowing a little and the temperatures were cold, but not uncomfortable. I also spent some time doing run/walks.

I was awaken at 4:00AM by pain in my back and side. wasn't too bad and I was able to go back to sleep. I am having a few uncomfortable twinges today, but hopefully with rest they will pass. I am also feeling slight pain in some of the muscles I used yestereday in weight training.

I did 15 minutes of core stengthening exercises this afternoon. Beginning tomorrow first thing in the morning I will do a short session of this type exercise. It will be a good way to warm up for the day. I'll do some of the exercises featured at the Mayo Clinic blog: abdominal crunches, bridge, single legged abdominal press, segmental rotation, quadruped, superman, etc. I'll begin by doing 10 repetitions of each one the exercises. After doing a few I realize that I am very, very out of condition. Doing the exercises made me dizzy.

The Mayo Clinc web site
has a slide show.

Blood pressure reading for the day - 131/76 P 76.

No comments:

Post a Comment